I need an acoustic/electric for under $400.

Excelsior

• Members

Rather, around that price.

I'm going for a tube amp, and I figured I'd get an acoustic/electric guitar finally.

I was checking out some of the sexy ibanez AEs:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-AEF30E-AcousticElectric-Guitar-with-Onboard-Tuner?sku=512480

Etc.

I want something bright sounding, loud, and that won't buzz all over the fretboard :cry: . Hopefully something with a lower action...

I hope to get something today, but I can wait if I don't get any response.

I was checking out 12 strings at guitar center, now the question is: should I forget about acuoustic/electric and try this way? Playing normal songs on 12 string sounded absolutely DELICIOUS. I loved it -- it sounded as if there were two guitars due to the string's tunings.

I dunno. But 12 string technique may be harder *Shrug*

Anyone got any ideas?

If you use the search function, you'll find we tend to have that discussion from time to time here. If you don't need/want the electronics, for just a little more money, you can get into a lower end Larivee or Martin. Takamine makes decent guitars as do Blueridge and Arts& Lutherie.

With electronics it's possible to get a decent guitar but the only advice I would give there is to try guitars out and find one that says take me home. I have a Wechter I love. I counseled a friend towards a nice Ibanez as well. My suggestion might be to take a hard look at Takamine.

Archived