Guild GAD guitars -- wow

EvilTwin

• Members

Has anyone else played these things? They completely blew me away. I got to spend some time with an all-mahogany dread, a spruce on rosewood one, a burst 12 string, and a spruce/mahogany (if memory serves) jumbo.

These are all solid, but made in China, so I was a little skeptical.

I had no reason to be. These guitars kick 10 kinds of ass.

The GAD-25 (the all 'hog one) was mind-bendingly exceptional. $489 with a hardshell tweed case. I may treat myself to one.

You guys gotta check these out. Maybe Fender has figured out how to utilize a brand name, after all.

• Members

Originally posted by EvilTwin

Has anyone else played these things? They completely blew me away. I got to spend some time with an all-mahogany dread, a spruce on rosewood one, a burst 12 string, and a spruce/mahogany (if memory serves) jumbo.

These are all solid, but made in China, so I was a little skeptical.

I had no reason to be. These guitars kick 10 kinds of ass.

The GAD-25 (the all 'hog one) was mind-bendingly exceptional. $489 with a hardshell tweed case. I may treat myself to one.

You guys gotta check these out. Maybe Fender
has
figured out how to utilize a brand name, after all.

When I was looking for my 12 string, I played the GAD- G212. A really nice guitar for the money (they were asking $625). I almost got one 'till I saw that used Larrivee (in my signature) and tried that. However, I know I would have been happy with the Guild. I see the occasional question posted here about getting a 12'ver and the stock advice of getting an old, used Guild off of ebay or such. But for a new reasonably priced 12 string, I think the GAD series is a good buy.

Arizona Ken

• Members

Originally posted by Arizona Ken

When I was looking for my 12 string, I played the GAD- G212. A really nice guitar for the money (they were asking $625). I almost got one 'till I saw that used Larrivee (in my signature) and tried that. However, I know I would have been happy with the Guild. I see the occasional question posted here about getting a 12'ver and the stock advice of getting an old, used Guild off of ebay or such. But for a new reasonably priced 12 string, I think the GAD series is a good buy.

Arizona Ken

I used to always point to Seagulls as the best 12-string for the money. Now I think the 'Gulls are the best 12-string you can get on the cheap, while the Guild definitely ranks as best for the cash.

I seriously would compare these Guild GAD's to guitars in the $2K range. They're that good.

• Members

I bought the GAD 50 about two months ago; just a great sound for a great value. I even thought it was better than a lower end Martin. Good construction. I was originally considering Blueridge but the Built to Stay the Niagara Falls-strong Grover tuners count for a lot!

Archived