Strange Operation!

Bert

• Members

I need your experienced help guys/gals. I have a Rainsong WS3000(12 string) that I took to Hungary last year. It is equipped with the Fishman Prefix Stereo Blender Acoustic Guitar System. In normal operation the LED on the control panel will flash when you insert a cable plug. As the battery(9 volt) starts getting used up the LED flash will start flashing longer, then stay on, then not flash at all when the battery is dead. The system worked properly before the trip. The guitar was in an ATF Gator case. I did not use the guitar electronically during the trip. The first time I used the guitar electronically after the trip I noticed that the LED did not flash. The guitar's electronics did work properly when plugged into the sound system. I put in a fresh battery and plugged in a cable and there was no flash of the LED. I assumed that the LED was burned out(seldom happens) as the guitar still worked ok electronically. After a weeks lapse I plugged in the guitar, no Flash, and the electronics would not function. I checked the battery and it was dead. So, the battery discharges if I don't remove it from the pre-amp. Fishman says it is probably the jack or "something with the electronics". Has this happened to any of you guys/gals and if so, what did you do to correct it? Thanks.....Bert Delap:( :idea:

• Members

Sounds like you got a short my friend. Mabye a loose connection? Probally a trip to the git shop. Assuming you can visual the wiring-Batt-pre-ext. I have a similar problem on my friends ac/el and he was able to get it fixed under warranty. Are you covered on Warranty? Good luck and I wouldnt be suprised if someone else has better idea or other options.

Rick

Archived