Takamine Model Year "change over"?

PFDarkside

• Members

Does anyone know when Takamine changes their models, from year to year? I played a EG523SC12 at GC and I realy liked the way it played and sounded. So much that I'd like to get both the 6 and 12 in this model. That is a chunk of change though, so I obviously can't do it now. How long do I have until they no longer make this model?

• Members

Probably 3 to 5 years. Takamine doesn't change their models very often, or with any clear consistency. Some unusual models might only last one year (eg. LTD series), while other more core models have been around for more than 30 years.

The 'G' series is fairly new in the grand scheme that is Takamine and may turn over a little sooner. But, the models that you've indicated don't look like one offs, so I wouldn't be holding my breath for them to become obsolete in 2007 or 2008.

Why not have a look for the same model second hand from a year or two ago?

• Members

Ok, cool. I was looking at acoustics a few years ago and I played a koa Takamine and I was thinking the same thing, save a little then buy. When I went back they were discontinued.

Where do you guys look for used acoustics? I love ebay for effects but I've only bought electric parts (neck/bodies) on ebay, I've always played in the store. It seems this is even more important for acoustics. Do you scour the local stores?

Archived