Advantage of New ES

athomas

• Members

Hey

I have a 2005 taylor 414ce-L10 and I was looking to change the ES system on it with the new one after reading couple of posts (I don't see them anymore). I called Taylor and asked about the advantage of switching:

1. Better Ground (which will remove some of that hum)

2. Ability to use only 1 or 2 sensors instead of all 3.

3. Longer battery life.

4. Battery life indicator.

It would cost me couple hundred plus shipping, but they would switch all three sensors, and make the hole bigger to accomodate the 9v battery.

So I went to my local guitar store where they had couple of '07 Taylors and the new battery compartment worked really well. Lot better than having to use a penny and a sticky note. However I couldn't figure out where the battery life indicator was or how to switch just to the neck sensor.

I want to check to make it is worth it to spend couple of hundred dollars.

Any know how to work the new ES? And if it is worth it to switch?

• Members

I have a 2007 314ce and there's no battery life indicator on it - even though I did read that it was supposed to have it.

I also don't know how to switch to use only 1 sensor. If you look in the sound hole you can see the circuit board. Perhaps there may be some dip switches that can be set for the sensors?

I can't comment on the old ES system or whether it's worth switching but call Taylor again and ask them about these two issues to see how they're handled. Actually, I may call them myself.

Archived