Sharing Music For Free

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't want any money for it but I do want as many people as possible to know about it

Join the rest of the untrained monkeys in the corner beating their sticks on a rock. One of you (in a billion) is going to be discovered and make it big. Personally, I'm hoping it's you (until tomorrow when another one of you pops up on here.)

In the meantime, to separate yourself from the crowd, why not try writing and composing music that is worth selling? Just an idea.

Good luck. Let me know when the stadium tour begins.

• Members

And i've always been a proponent of DIY---but
educated
DIY. I'm a firm believer that it's always about what your ears do for the recording and the equipment, rather than the vice versa. You can take some less expensive equipment and make great albums....if you're committed.

Agreed!

:thu:

• Members

Join the rest of the untrained monkeys in the corner beating their sticks on a rock. One of you (in a billion) is going to be discovered and make it big. Personally, I'm hoping it's you (until tomorrow when another one of you pops up on here.)

In the meantime, to separate yourself from the crowd, why not try writing and composing music that is worth selling? Just an idea.

Good luck. Let me know when the stadium tour begins.

OUCH! That was kinda funny, though. I dunno. People can give away their music for free... it's a free country. The problem is that some folks spend too much time on viral marketing and getting the word out and too little time on writing good songs.

Or, in the case of some folks, like me, they spent too much time in these inane forum debates because they're procrastinating about writing good songs because it's so freaking HARD to write good songs. :)

• Members

OUCH! That was kinda funny, though. I dunno. People can give away their music for free... it's a free country. The problem is that some folks spend too much time on viral marketing and getting the word out and too little time on writing good songs.

Or, in the case of some folks, like me, they spent too much time in these inane forum debates because they're procrastinating about writing good songs because it's so freaking HARD to write good songs.
:)

True affirmations. I spend more time understanding music business than writing good songs :facepalm:

But I cannot agree with you when you say "it's so freaking HARD to write good songs". The hard thing is to NOT procrastinate. The last nice song I made was some months ago, and my opinion back then was "this sounds like {censored} but I will finish it anyway". And it WAS {censored}ty. But after many many many hours of work, and some awesome pro and friends opinions, it looks now like a nice song. If I really want it to be great, I just have to do one thing: spend more hours on it.

Speaking of which, that's what I will do after pressing "Submit Reply".

Great work to you all, friends :thu:

• Members

True affirmations. I spend more time understanding music business than writing good songs
:facepalm:
But I cannot agree with you when you say "it's so freaking HARD to write good songs". The hard thing is to NOT procrastinate.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Actually, I think they're both hard. But if it were easy, everyone would do it and then we wouldn't feel "special." :)

I do best when I'm messing around on the guitar and NOT trying to write a song. When I sit down and actually try, it's usually contrived sh*t that comes out.

• Members

by definition and nature of "unique" - it's a superlative

there is no "kinda unique", or "very unique"

root of unique is "uni" - one -- there is only one of em

dis·sem·i·nate (dĭ-sĕm'ə-nāt')

v., -nat·ed, -nat·ing, -nates.

v.tr.

1. To scatter widely, as in sowing seed.

2. To spread abroad; promulgate: disseminate information.

v.intr.

To become diffused; spread.

virtually implies a unique origin point

Archived