I've come to a conclusion.....

Harmonycat

• Members
Some people are not worth talking to.

"Where ignorance is Bliss, it is folly to be Wise".
;)

Pass the Popcorn!

This should not be a revelation based on this forum's latest guitar controversy. It applies to all things metaphysical (read: beyond comprehension) in life.

That said, I find the current focus is about normal and expected. I got rid of the notion of *worth* a long time ago. It doesn't apply, or shouldn't, where opinion is the center-point of any discussion.

• Members
This should not be a revelation based on this forum's latest guitar controversy. It applies to all things metaphysical (read: beyond comprehension) in life.

That said, I find the current focus is about normal and expected. I got rid of the notion of *worth* a long time ago. It doesn't apply, or shouldn't, where opinion is the center-point of any discussion.

You are so right, and it is not a revelation.:)

I am just tired of.....:deadhorse: in the face of Ignorance!

• Members
Some people are not worth talking to.

"Where ignorance is Bliss, it is folly to be Wise".
;)

Pass the Popcorn!

I agree it can be frustrating, especially when someone has an agenda and displays disinterest in evidence. However, an opponent interested in the truth of a matter can be brought around, though it may take some time.

I find myself taking a different position than I would have a few years ago on certain issues because I became convinced that I was in error.

Bill

• Members

I agree it can be frustrating, especially when someone has an agenda and displays disinterest in evidence. However, an opponent interested in the truth of a matter can be brought around, though it may take some time.

I find myself taking a different position than I would have a few years ago on certain issues because I became convinced that I was in error.

Bill

Someone who used to post around here had a line in their sig that I've found applicable to several circumstances recently (may have to do with where I live):

"This person believes on Wednesday what they believed on Monday...regardless of what happened Tuesday."

• Members

Someone who used to post around here had a line in their sig that I've found applicable to several circumstances recently (may have to do with where I live):

"This person believes on Wednesday what they believed on Monday...regardless of what happened Tuesday."

Pretty descriptive, that is.

• Members

Yea, I remember reading that and thinking: What a great riddle!

Archived