Behringer ACX450

BuleriaChk

• Members

Hi, Ellen,

Thanks for responding. I'm a Flamenco player who has been trying to solve acoustic amplification for years. My ACX450 is arriving Monday (my dealer didn't have one locally)

I have a Fender AcoustasonicPro (now on local consignment), but it is very heavy and way overkill for me..... so I'm very interested in her reasons for choosing the ACX450 (over, say, the Marshall AS50D. I haven't been too impressed with the Fishman and Crate amps I have been able to test locally....

I also have a Vox DA5 and DA10 which are very impressive for utimate portable battery powered solution.... But I'm hoping the ACX450 will give me a bit more power for some of the bigger venues.....

• Members

I have a Fender AcoustasonicPro (now on local consignment), but it is very heavy and way overkill for me..... so I'm very interested in her reasons for choosing the ACX450 (over, say, the Marshall AS50D. I haven't been too impressed with the Fishman and Crate amps I have been able to test locally....

I also have a Vox DA5 and DA10 which are very impressive for utimate portable battery powered solution.... But I'm hoping the Marshall will give me a bit more power for some of the bigger venues.....

She got it because it was small, I believe. And it is TINY. I've played a couple gigs with her and it is miniscule compared to my Mesa Boogie Mark I Reissue (not an acoustic amp). It also sounds really good with her violin, IMO. The EQ is pretty flexible. It is loud enough for most club gigs, but I personally need something bigger, which is part of why I went with a Carvin AG100D instead when I was recently in the market.

Ellen

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Try replacing the speakers in the DA5 and DA10 with Jensen mod 6-15's. The sound is much more acoustic and less colored (IMO). I read about this in a user review of the DA5 at Harmony Central, tried it, and am delighted with the result.....

She got it because it was small, I believe. And it is TINY. I've played a couple gigs with her and it is miniscule compared to my Mesa Boogie Mark I Reissue (not an acoustic amp). It also sounds really good with her violin, IMO. The EQ is pretty flexible. It is loud enough for most club gigs, but I personally need something bigger, which is part of why I went with a Carvin AG100D instead when I was recently in the market.

Ellen

• Members

Hi!

I've got the ACX450 and I love it. I'm not sure what you consider to be "bigger venues" but, in an acoustic setting (no drums), mine works great!

I traded a Crate CA15 plus $20 for it. The CA15 had 12 watts and no built in effects, the ACX450, at 45 watts, has 16 preset effects for both channels with individual level settings for each and a footswitch controller. The FBQ equalizer seems to work pretty good at helping to eliminate feedback.

IMO, that's alot of amp for $179.

Good luck....hope you enjoy it!

Archived