just returned from a big jam session

masterbuilt

• Members

Had a blast. The instrument mix was good. I was playing a Masterbilt DR500mens. Another guy had a Korean-made solid spruce top, maple back and sides git with a Hofner shaped headstock. Craig Robertson, ukulele celebrity and slide guitar guru was there with a Dave Means custom-made soprano ukulele (about $2000 worth of instrument). There was another guy playing a tenor ukulele archtop, and a gal playing a tenor ukulele solid wood instrument. Then, a string bassist and two more people playing Dave Gjessing custom-made soprano ukuleles in sycamore and walnut.

We played everything from the Eagles, to Clapton, to old folk, blues, and country standards. It was a great party with a lot of musicians and non-stop fun.

Looking forward to the next jam in Columbus, Ohio.

• Members

Oh man am I jealous. Good acoustic instrument players are hard to find around my college. I had blues and rock jam last night myself, but just with some electric players. Fun, but inevitably noisy with two electric guitarists who were less than shy with the distortion ;) Ah well, there was good instrument mix other than that--a trumpet player, a harmonica player, and an incredible drummer, so that was fun. I still wish I could find that many ukulele players!

Archived