video of my masterbilt dr-500mns

antp

• Members

hey folks, i thought i would post a video of a lil clip of me playing my new guitar. its all solid body with hog back/sides and spruce top. the natural satin finish is darker than the regular satin and its just beautiful to look at. i had my old guitar stolen so i thought i'd upgrade to something that would hopefully last me a lifetime and im happy with my ebay purchase (i got a good deal). im in some altered tuning here and i got a capo on but for anyone thinkin about the masterbilt line: heres what mine sounds like....(dont mind the cat or the fact that im not playing traditionally)

watch?v=CNFl2JQtuIk

• Members

thanks for checkin out my tune folks :) i have a bunch of riffs like this and sometimes i put a couple riffs together a make a video. i tend to learn new techniques as i write these little riffs and when i think i like the way something sounds i learn a new way of playing it and stuff starts to evolve and sometimes the original riff is totally discarded or changed completely... this makes it difficult to stay happy with a composition because im always lookin to make things better and more interesting.

• Members

i've been playing for close to ten years (but i lost count after a while). i started with an electric and over the years i mellowed out the the point where i bought an acoustic. i've been playing fingerstyle for the last 3 years since i've owned my acoustic and i think i have a pretty good handle on how to hit the strings by now. i sit around and play all the time and i want to achieve the level of mastery that my influences have achieved.........at the same time, i dont want my lack of perfection to limit me from taking the risk of being heard.

• Members

right now im using light gauge martin sp 80/20s. i really cant comment on how i like them cause i havent used anything else on this guitar yet. i would like to try the dean markley alchemys though and im curious as to how phospher bronze would sound also.

Archived