Acoustic Choice

Acadiafall

• Members

The one Fender I have (A DG27Sce) has Fishman classic 4 electrics and sounds pretty damned good in the mix. I think Fender re-branded this cut-away model as the CD140Sce and - if the newer version is anything like the DG27Sce - they're well worth a try if they fit your budget. Very good build quality, feel and tonal output.......Especially once they've opened up after a few years playing. :thu:

In all honesty we can all recommend instruments until the cows come home, but the final task of finding one that suits you is ultimately yours. Play as many as possible - regardless of price bracket they fall within - and I'm sure you'll find the one for you. If a guitar's action doesn't suit your style of play or preferences ask the retailer to have it set-up before you collect/they send it.

• Members

Will do. Im off this afternoon to have a lok at some. I think my problem is that i see something and i want it. I cant wait for anything! Ill try to hold back though and not buy anything until ive had a good look and feel.

I didnt expect so many replies to my question. Once again, thanks everyone. Its greatly appeciated

• Members

In that price range, Yamaha FG series gets my vote. Lots of git for a price that won't bust your wallet.

soundwise, I think the yamaha's are the best bang for the buck. I just would look closely at the bridge of the one you buy and make sure you have room for adjustments

• Members
soundwise, I think the yamaha's are the best bang for the buck. I just would look closely at the bridge of the one you buy and make sure you have room for adjustments

This applies to any older guitar that's been round the block a few times, if you choose to pursue that route, but you'll find this doesn't apply to new instruments in Yamaha's line up. They have plenty of scope for adjusting their factory set medium low action. :thu:

• Members

Right, not got one yet but i went to 'Musik Productiv' which is a shop near me and ive decided to get the Yamaha FG 720 (black). This may sound silly but i didnt actually get to play the model im going to buy as they didnt have it in stock at the moment. However i played one that was cheaper than the model i want and one that was more expensive. Both sounded really really nice and basically made my mind up for me.

Maybe i was coerced by the comments on here but the Yamaha sounded 'warmer' somehow then the others i tried. So thats that then. Thanks everyone, i truly appreciate your time.

Avaloctus, thanks for the tip, i checked out the website and they have it in stock so it looks like theyll be getting my money. I also intend to have a drive there as well at some point. Your right about the guitar, it does look good but i think if i have a guitar with Jack Daniels plastered all over it ill end up an alcoholic or something.

I had a go on a top of the range (well, very expensive at least) Martin and a Gibson as well at the weekend. My my, very very nice indeed, someday........

• Members

I know you say youve decided on the yamaha (which is perfectly fine) but I thought id throw my 2 cents in anyway. I am a huge alvarez fan. I currently own the rd20s. Its a dreadnought pure acoustic no electronics, with no cutaway. Solid spruce top and laminated mahogany sides and back. It also has a very warm sound. I got mine for 229 brand new. Which if your budget is 300, still leaves room for a case and if you so desire (i do) a capo. Just my thoughts.

Archived