The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 2009 nominees:

T.B.

• Members

It has been so long since I've paid any attention to rock music that the only one I recognize is Little Anthony. That should date me pretty well.

And I wouldn't view Little Anthony as Hall of Fame material, by the way.

• Members

I'm a bit perplexed how they come upon their choices. :idk: I kinda got a chuckle when the R & R Hall said Chic helped to saved disco. :rolleyes: Bobby Walmack I think has been an overlooked talent. He's a gifted acoustic/electric guitarist and a prolific songwriter: Played guitar on Sly Stone album, There's Riot Goin' On, Janis Joplin, Pearl and wrote the song"Trust Me" for that album, wrote the George Benson classic "Breezin", and everybody from the Rolling Stones to James Taylor have done covers of his songs.The others nominees ( with the exception of War and Beck) I don't really know much about maybe someone can feel me in.

• Members

I think that there is a limited number of people that can get into this "club" partly because we have 50 years or so of time frame to choose from. Disco was abhored by the rock & roll establishment of the time yet now are a part of the club (as nominees). What is happening now is that they are running out of actual rock & roll nominees so to keep the thing going, they have to expand criteria.

The whole thing seems kind of silly. Heck, the hall is in Cleveland, Ohio but the induction ceremonies are always in New York. I do think it is a bit ironic that R&R was always considered rebellious, counter establishment music but now is a staple in that world with something so formal as a hall of fame and big money induction ceremonies etc.

That being said, I wouldn't mind visiting the R&R HOF.;)

Archived