Help! GAS Attack!

liko

• Members

1. Which is of course why they have production guitars costing $6k, which no "tonally impaired" person would ever be able to afford. Surely one's ear would develop a taste for "real" guitar tone before they have the means to spend on such a monstrosity.
:rolleyes:
Apparently you have not yet read that I compared this $800 guitar to everything else within $100 and many more expensive models, and it has more substance and fundamental tone than Martins costing double. Taylor is breaking out of the mold, at least in a few of their models.

2. Which is of course why this "gimmicky fad" has only been around for, oh, about twice as long as I've been alive
:rolleyes:
They do make a non-cutaway version (114e) but there's nothing wrong with the cutaway; I'd probably pay more to not have it because the store would need to special-order it.

3. Oh, I've already been well-indoctrinated in the dark side; I started out playing electric bass
a16.gif
, and I have an SG and a Strat in addition to the acoustic I already have. What I want is to leave those at home when I play my church gigs; I've gotten a lot of compliments when I use my Strat, but many of them are kind of backhanded: "When I watched you pick up that electric guitar I thought I was going to be blown out of the church, but it was actually very nice"
:facepalm:
Though I do have an acoustic, it's a laminate-top cardboard box that I got for free with 10 sets of strings, and I have had bad experiences miking an acoustic; you basically can't move at all. That's why I'm so excited about this Taylor; not only does it have a nice DEEP sound unplugged, it retains its tone through an amp which I have not been able to do with any other make yet.

Take the opinions of church goers with a grain of salt.

They are in church for a reason you know.

Tried a B R E E D L O V E yet ? ;)

• Members

Anyway, now that I no longer have to listen to NEWYORK's idiocy, I found out that, actually, I CAN afford it, without too much Ramen in my diet in the future. Guess the whole budgeting thing worked out. I'll take a last tour of the specimens in the various GCs. They don't make too many deals anymore, but for the better part of $1000 I think they might be able to wiggle a little. Guitar Rodeo's price, very nice indeed, may give me a bargaining chip ("well, it's worth something to me to walk out carrying it, but not that much; can you do $775 out the door?"). Worst they can do is say no, then I call Jim and say it's on, check's in the mail.

Archived