Not Again....

pinchegordo

• Members
Thanks Flip,you know i have a strange outlook on death,i never cry,but i am a very emotional person.Death is inevitable we all inch toward it daily,who goes first is like a lottery,some of us increase our chances because we hold more tickets(i.e. addiction,bad health,poor genes etc.)bad analogy but a relevant one.I always talk about the friends i lost ,i loved them all very much.There are very few constants in our short time on this planet but here are the big 3 for me.

1.You will endure terrible loss' many times.

2.Some bad {censored} will happen to you.

3.A whole lot of wonderful {censored} will happen to you.

seems to me like which of these 3 we choose to focus on plays a big role.I choose the 3rd and leave the other 2 to chance.

Take the time to enjoy simple pleasures ,they are the stepping stones to a happy life.

and of course the most important .....

"Ladies and gentlemen take my advice,pull down your pants and slide on the ice":)

also if you guys want to know a bit more about me.....

www.myspace.com/pedro_pinchegordo

You're welcome, Pinch. What you said just goes to show you we all handle death a little differently. When my wife died 17 years ago, I made myself cry, grieve in just about every way I could think of. It hurt so much I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible and it worked. It took about 6 months but it was pretty much all over by then.

• Members

You're welcome, Pinch. What you said just goes to show you we all handle death a little differently. When my wife died 17 years ago, I made myself cry, grieve in just about every way I could think of. It hurt so much I wanted to get it over with as soon as possible and it worked. It took about 6 months but it was pretty much all over by then.

I admire the strength of both of you. You're way stronger than I am. I can't take that kind of pain and won't risk it again, so nobody is allowed to get close anymore.

• Members

I admire the strength of both of you. You're way stronger than I am. I can't take that kind of pain and won't risk it again, so nobody is allowed to get close anymore.

I am very sorry to hear about that Samilyn. You seem like such a nice person and you are so helpful to everyone here that asks. Each one of us must make our own choices. At 54, I've finally been around long enough to never say never and time is a healer, maybe not a great healer because sometimes it takes a long "time" but if we let it, sometimes it works things out for us. I hope that's the case with you, too. Best regards, Flip.

• Members

I am very sorry to hear about that Samilyn. You seem like such a nice person and you are so helpful to everyone here that asks. Each one of us must make our own choices. At 54, I've finally been around long enough to never say never and time is a healer, maybe not a great healer because sometimes it takes a long "time" but if we let it, sometimes it works things out for us. I hope that's the case with you, too. Best regards, Flip.

Thanks, Flip. There are some things that even time can't heal, so it's the end of the line for me in that regard.

I'll always have the music, though.

Archived