Looking for inexpensive "stage" guitar

Killa J

• Members

I ordered both the Carvin and the Yamaha. I haven't gotten the Carvin in yet, but the Yamaha played and sounded pretty bad. I don't know if a good setup might have helped, but I sent it back to MF. I'm probably going to end up sending the Carvin back too, as there is now a used lefty Larrivee D-03 on eBay that I'm going to try to win.

• Members

Got the Carvin in today. It's definitely better sounding than the Yamaha was. I'm still not too sold on the feel of the neck/fretwork, but what can I really expect out of a $300 guitar? I really hope the bids on that Larri don't go too high. If it does, I'll end up keeping the Carvin - it's not bad. It sounds better than the Dean I used to have.

• Members

The Epiphone PR5 is $300 at MF.l

275111.jpg

Not lefty, and I'm not a fan of cutaways.

I ended up not winning the Larrivee. I'm still going to return the Carvin. I think the suggestion that I won't be happy with a $300 guitar is right. I'm going to save for a few months and move my price range to $1000. I may end up going with an L-03 or an OM-03. The only hesitation I have about those are that they are very boring looking.

Archived