For those that like/liked the old NES games, get in here

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I've found a website that has game emulators and roms that you can download. I've downloaded a number of games I remember having as a wee lad, and for some of them I plan to make fingerstyle arrangements of the music. Here's the list of the music I plan to make arrangements of:

Mario Bros. 1 main theme (that one is almost a given)

Zelda, Overworld theme

Castlevania II: Simon's Quest, Bloody Tears

Shadowgate, the theme when you get in the castle and the one when you die

Any other good 8-bit music anyone would like to recommend?

• Members

Whats the site junior?

This week Sony's free samples for acid are 8-bit emulators. Email me and I can send you a track I made.

Theres this old game I used to have, Star Soldier. I never knew of anyone else with the game, and I havent played it in 15 years, BUT I REMEMBER THE MUSIC PERFECTLY.

• Members

So are these MAME downloads actual game downloads that you can play or is just stuff for programmers?

They have what are called game emulators, which are computer programs that imitate the game console. They also have game ROMs which are computer programs that imitate the games. To play a NES ROM you would need a NES emulator. They take up so little memory I have them all on my USB disk and can play them at any computer I go to.

• Members

They have what are called game emulators, which are computer programs that imitate the game console. They also have game ROMs which are computer programs that imitate the games. To play a NES ROM you would need a NES emulator. They take up so little memory I have them all on my USB disk and can play them at any computer I go to.

Cough. Do you know where I can download something like that for my usb drive?

Archived