Best place in Boston to buy Used Classical Guitar?

louloomis

• Members

Hey Lou,

I've been in Boston for a couple years now and I would have to say that the best place to buy used guitars (any kind) is Craigslist. The Boston Craigslist is very active with tons of new entries every minute pretty much. I occasionally shop at Daddy's Junky Music but most of the used equipment is a little overpriced, and their acoustics on display are not always taken care of very well. Also there's not a huge selection of nylon stringed-guitars, lots of entry-level stuff. Guitar Center has many of the same problems, although the new Guitar Center on Boylston street is pretty nice (they're brand new though, and last I was in there did not have much used gear).

Craigslist can have a huge selection if you're patient enough and the price will very often be better than any GC or Daddy's type store because there's no middleman in the deal. I've had many successful transaction on the Boston Craigslist and anticipate having many more.

Welcome to Beantown! :thu: If you see a weird-looking kid barbecuing on the fire escape of their apartment, it's probably me. :wave:

Archived