M-1 + Fishman Blender?

Matt_plan-R

• Members

First off, I have a Martin 000C-16RGTE with a Fishman Prefix Stereo Blender. I have heard/seen so many artists using the LR Baggs M-1 and I love the sound they make.

Here is my question -- would you think it possible to install a passive M-1 and feed it into the Fishman, replacing the in-body microphone (which is pretty useless in live situations anyway)?.... thus using the pre-amp from the Fishman to drive the passive M-1.

I thought it could be cool to have the option of using the under bridge transducer still, but also having the articulation of the M-1... using either by themselves or blended together.

Am I talking crazy, or is this configuration possible?

Thanks!

• Members

I have essentially the same setup you're describing, except with a Sunrise and a Baggs I-Beam UST. The I-Beam is active and it sits under the soundboard near the bridge. There's a little volume wheel that sits right inside the soundhole and is invisible to the casual observer. This feeds to a stereo jack, and the I-Beam is the default signal. But if I'm using a stereo cable then the signal is split and the Sunrise is the second source. I use a DTAR Solstice preamp which handles the stereo signal/splitting perfectly.

It's a formidable setup. The Sunrise is a big sounding pickup and it's very resistant to feedback (as all mags are). But being able to blend in the percussive sounds, finger squeaks, etc. from the I-Beam is just a really nice way to go.

001.jpg

sunrise_ibeam.jpg

preamp.jpg

Meanwhile

• Members

Hmm.. I think I didn't make myself totally clear... I have one of these in my Martin acoustic:

prefix_stereo_blender.jpg

The A side of the blend is a little mic in the body. The B is the transducer pickup under the saddle. Both of those go into this Fishman Pre and out the back (mono). But you can mix the two sources in the Pre, and it sends a blended signal mono to the out put jack.

I want to pull out the mic (in the A side) and put an LR Baggs passive M-1.

Archived