IMPORTANT to UK buyers of Mirage guitars

mirageguitarwor

• Members

I am the former owner of Mirage Guitar Works of Manchester Maryland and have been advised- accidentally- that my acoustic models (and possibly my electrics) are being produced and sold as genuine products. In a long past post I explained that my factory burned and I had no intention of restarting production. This has increased the value of Mirage Guitar Works guitars, at least in the UK market.

Here is what to look for to determine whether the guitar is counterfeit:

1) Inner label says "Stewartstown Pennsylvania" or "Stewartstown PA". There are NO models that were labeled as such, in fact and inference of Stewartstown on the guitar is clear evidence of foul play;

2) Inline headstocks. NO Mirage guitars save a single prototype had an inline headstock;

3) Hardshell cases all had BLACK interiors. Many counterfeits display grey or red interiors;

4) B, C, and F acoustics all had dovetailed and glued neck joints and luthiers joints at the headstocks. Inlay on the fingerboard was limited to a single ABALONE block at the 12th fret. The Mirage logo on the headstock was mother of pearl and NOT block lettering nor a decal.

There are other details that are coming through as well. For definite info on whether your Mirage is genuine please send detailed pics to me at mirageguitarworks(AT)yahoo.com.

Thanks.

Paul Gobat

Archived