Do you know a cool and powerful acoustic cover of Folsom Prison?

flip333

• Members

sixgunner... thanks!!! that is very cool. I haven't looked up keb mo for a while. his version is very refreshing and different. i am actually more interested in the vocals. is your vocal version available to listen to?

fred.... nope. never served time in this life. Yes, I mean Johnny Cash Folsom Prison Blues.

I have searched youtube till I got tired of looking and found some interesting videos. Even in some the ones that weren't very good, there were elements that were done well.

• Members

I do a version like what you describe, though I don't have a recording of it.

Heavy strumming, louder vocals. I guess it's more of what it would sound like if Lynyrd Skynyrd had recorded it or something (along the lines of Call Me the Breeze)

Also, for the last line of each verse, instead of going into the low bass thing, I sing it louder and higher.

• Members

I'm always disappointed when I hear this at the open mics.

I hear ya, but it's worse to hear someone try to sing down in that low register and not pull it off well, which is what I typically hear.

I'd rather hear someone sing it like me and actually hit the notes instead of trying to go low and miss the mark.

Archived