Some advice on cedar top acoustics pls

gwandsh

• Members

Ok first off I am biased, I am here in RIchmond, Va which AShland and Glen Allen are part of so im right down the street from both Hohner and Crafter headquarters. I love LOVE LOVE my Crafter Lite te vtg ... I think it plays amazing, its a grand auditorium body eventhough it says orchestral. I contacted crafter to confirm this. cedar top with mahogany sides and back, great braggs electronics with crafters headstock tuner built into the side, keep in my its one of the top 5 most desirable headstock tuners so its great to use and easy to read quick. It plays smooth and has a very big sound. I am still learning but bought it because my instructor has a 314ce... which is outrageous price... and Sitka top... I cannot wait to sit next to him with a Cedar solid top. I am contacting Crafter lately to get a few upgrades but yeah ... out the door here in its hometown I got this beauty and hardcase for $490 so not complaining.

• Members

Try DR Sunbeams if you like strumming, a lovely psychedelic shape to the tone. I say shape because it seemed "blended". Dont cut them till you are in tune as the inner core might slip.

I am at fault, people who can really play got a wonderful tone, but I got it in my head it was slow and unresponsive...bye bye S6. If I had the money for a couple it would still be here. Well the truth is..it got fed up with me and ran off to join a band.

Archived