Trinity College TG-202?

datru

• Members

Hi,

I'm thinking about buying a Trinity College TG-202.  A discontinued brand, made by Saga.  here are some details from an old Ederly page:

"slightly oversized (15-5/16" lower bout) 000 body profile with a 12-fret neck and soft cutaway. All solid construction with rosewood back & sides, spruce top and mahogany neck. Scalloped bracing. Wood binding and purfling. Abalone rosette, dot inlaid ebony fretboard, ebony pyramid bridge, solid headstock with rosewood & ebony overlay and silver inlay, and nickel open-gear butterbean tuners. Neck width at the nut is ~1-3/4" and scale length is ~25-5/8"

elderly page with pics

I've been looking at a LAG T-200, and a Taylor 214CE-Koa, the Taylor really being a bit out of my range, though I could stretch it.  The LAG is 700 bucks, the Trinity 900, the Taylor 1250.

I want a versatile guitar for home playing, all kinds of music.  Strumming, flat-picking and some finger-style (not much, but would like to learn).  I'm not very good, but I like nice tones even when I hit the wrong notes!  :smileywink:

The trinity is the odd man out of the group I mentioned, but it did sound nice.  I don't have any experience with 12-fret guitars either, is there something I should be aware of?

I don't know anything about the Trinity College brand so I was hoping there might be some experience here I could tap into.

Thanks.

Archived