TV Jones?

Meatwad

• Members

Those TV Jones designed pickups they put on the Gretsch Electromatics are great. I've been wanting to get either a the Double Jet with a Bigsby or a Jet Junior. The Jet Junior is a really nice sounding guitar for $285 bucks. They are a bit noisier than your usual humbucker, but they have a really cool growl to them.

• Members
Originally posted by Paul Buerk

I've met TV Jones at one of the Guild of American Luthiers conventions in Tacoma, WA. He's from Oregon, and he was conducting the Electric Guitar Listening sessions with Saul Koll. Very cool guy, and very much into that Gretsch sound.

TV's a real guy:eek: ???

Who'd've known...

I always figured that was some nom de marche', like "Bill Lawrence" (not his real name). With a name like "TV Jones", you'd just HAVE to make Gretsch-y toaster pups, now wouldn't you? ;) How did his mama know?

• Members

Yes Tom Jones is a real guy and no he's not the same Tom Jones that sings 'What's New Pussycat'.

I like his pickups, but the TV Jones that come on the 6114 New Jet sound very un-Gretsch like (more like a LP) not that they sound bad but not what I look for in a Gretsch.

Tom's wiring and switches are a must have for any pre-Fender Gretsch.

Archived