Got a GuitarPort...

kirs

• Members

...now I am on the fence as far as returning it is concerned.

I bought it mainly to use the online stuff. From the Line6 forums and all it looks like things have been stagnant for a while as far as new content is concerned.

I already have an Mbox, Tonelab, and a ton of other modeling software so the tone aspect is moot for me. BTW: Are the tones the same as the POD XT?

Anyone else using it and GP online? Has the new content been slow lately like I have been hearing?

• Members

I use the GP software with my PODxt....and they've been putting up new lessons every week.....I haven't been on this week, so I can't say for sure. But even if they didn't put anything new up for a while, there's enough content there already for me for a few months....I'm slow;)

• Members

I got a GP for Christmas and I think it sounds great, and is easy to use for recording. But the online stuff barely changes, and when it is new I'm usually not interested. So I plan on keeping the GP and cancelling the monthly subscription.

Having said that, if my Fender Cyber Deluxe had a usb port I'd get rid of the GP.

I also bought RiffWorks, which is fun for jamming & noodling, but not the best choice for composing an opus.

• Members

They have been adding new songs about every 10 days. Some times good, some times bad. Mostly classic stuff but lately some Vai and older Green Day.

I love the subscription, makes it easier to work out songs and jam at night without bothering the family.

• Members

I think what threw me off with the online is I thought it would be more like the emedia stuff, where the song plays and a the notes highlight as they are played. Really slick. GP online just throws up the tab for the part of the song you are on. It gets hard to follow if you lose your place.

Also, is there anyway to slow the tempo to any other speed but half?

• Members

Originally posted by kirs

...now I am on the fence as far as returning it is concerned.

I bought it mainly to use the online stuff. From the Line6 forums and all it looks like things have been stagnant for a while as far as new content is concerned.

I already have an Mbox, Tonelab, and a ton of other modeling software so the tone aspect is moot for me. BTW: Are the tones the same as the POD XT?

Anyone else using it and GP online? Has the new content been slow lately like I have been hearing?

So far I'm very happy with the GP for what it does. I'm also pleased with the online content but if it doesnt update eventually I'll have gone through everything I want.

IMO if you are a good guitarist this probably isnt a great thing for you. To me the tone aspect isnt a big deal since I like my amp and my computer speakers cant quite keep up. But I'm not that good so I get another method of learning other than my weekly lesson.

The forums are certainly stagnant but since the only way you can get at the (it seems) is through the GP I'm not surprised. I do most of my forum surfing at work when I'm not busy. When I have the GP on I'm using it.

I would like the ability to slow down by less than 1/2 as well

• Members

Originally posted by kirs

I think what threw me off with the online is I thought it would be more like the emedia stuff, where the song plays and a the notes highlight as they are played. Really slick. GP online just throws up the tab for the part of the song you are on. It gets hard to follow if you lose your place.

Also, is there anyway to slow the tempo to any other speed but half?

You should learn to play by listening instead of playing while reading tab. I like the format.

• Members

Originally posted by markas214

You should learn to play by listening instead of playing while reading tab. I like the format.

You're right about that. I am starting to realize that.

As if they spy on these forums and want to keep me, they added a George Harrison lesson this weekend. Nice. Will play with it more today. I guess I don't feel the hardware/software alone was worth the $99 (in my case).

Archived