the neck on my jackson

scud

• Members

no not a troll:D Ive only had it for 3months it just doesnt seem to hold a setup. same strings. my lp has never needed the neck adjusted in the 5 years ive owned it. just wondering if its normal for a thinner neck like it is:confused:

• Members

Is it new? ALot of times it takes some time for the neck to figure out it's not tree anymore and stop moving around. Especially when there's temp/humidity changes. Other than that, you still have to remember it's wood, so it's going to be effected sometimes by environment changes. I notice it too at the fret ends, the wood expands and contracts and sometimes I feel those edges.

What have you had to do to it? Too much bow? Not enough?

• Members

Originally posted by scud

no not a troll:D Ive only had it for 3months it just doesnt seem to hold a setup. same strings. my lp has never needed the neck adjusted in the 5 years ive owned it. just wondering if its normal for a thinner neck like it is:confused:

Not normal.

My 620 has thinner neck and I have not adjusted it ever. The guitar is from 1998. I got a case for it only a year ago, otherwise it has been standing on the stand in my room which gets warm from the rising sun. I haven

Archived