Picked up a cheap Tele yesterday...

cage77

• Members

A local music shop was having a "buy one for list price, get a second for one penny" sale yesterday. I wasn't expecting, or looking to buy anything since I just got a mint Gibson "The Hawk" a few weeks ago, but I went out on the insistance of the wife to see if we could find a nice acoustic for her 17 y/o brother.

So out we went, and I came home with a Peavey Generation EXP Tele. Sweet is all I can say. When all was said and done, I only paid $150 for it w/ hsc.

Did a basic setup on it last night and was really surprised to find that I didn't have to do much. Frets were nice and smooth, neck was straight with just a bit of relief, nut was well cut and the saddles were properly dressed. The pups, S-S-H, are actually pretty good and can provide nice Tele and Strat tones. The humbucker is nice and tight and can really scream.

I've been wanting a Tele for quite some time and was almost ready to pull the trigger on a Squire or other low end model. But I'm glad I didn't...

Sweet axe that fills the void left by all of my mahogany/humbucker equipped guitars....

Brandon

• Members

Basically, the sale was "buy one for LIST price, get another of equal or lesser value for one penny." It was more like buy one, get one half off.

I found a really nice Takamine JAsmine acoustic w/ohsc for my brother in law for a list of 300. I paid a penny more and got the Peavey. When I give the acoustic to my brother in law, he will pay me half of what I spent...150 bones. Even though 150 is only 30 bucks off of retail, the 2 hardshell cases are worth 80+ a piece so we both got great deals. To bad the sale was for one day only...yesterday...

As far as pics, I don't have any of mine yet, but here is the pic from the Peavey website....

http://www.peavey.com/products/browse.cfm/action/detail/cat/46/item/107713/number/00462190/Generation%3F+EXP.cfm

Brandon

Archived