Project guitar question - wood filler?

acape

• Members

I have a project guitar that I'm working on. It's an ash strat body that was originally routed for single coils. Upon routing it for humbuckers, however, I accidentally punched a small hole through to the back tremolo cavity. It is near the bridge and very small, about the size of a dime. This has in no way compromised the structural integrity of the body, but I don't much like having a hole there! I'm considering filling it with a very small amount of hardening wood filler. Any chance this would have undesireable consequences, tone or otherwise? Would it be better to leave it as is? Fill it with something else? Help appreciated!

• Members

Wood filler is evil ;)... I wouldn't use it.

If you really really can't stand the thought of a hole there, then get a hardwood dowel, cut it to a particular length (like a tiny cork) and drill out the hole smooth. Then put glue on the dowel and plug the hole that way.

• Members

That sucks! (Same thing in my neck thru Rich, because of the kahler route)

I agree with previous, if the trem cover covers, let the trem cover cover.

I had a former roomate (Who would rewire entire guitars for me, unfortunately, uhm, a little speeded up perse.....)

and punched a 16th of an inch hole from the electronic cavity of my Charvel model four... thru to the front of the guitar!? AHHHH!!!! (IDIOT!)

I plugged it with a Silver Skull earing. Now it looks custom shop. Go figure.

:mad::o:D

Archived