Good Geetar Shops In LA

G-NiHiLaToR

• Members

The Ventura-LA-Riverside-SanBernadino-Orange-SanDiego Counties Megalopolis is huge and pretty much continuous, with (in good traffic) the far points being within a two hour drive of Downtown LA. Within that radius are many guitar shops, including some quirky used and consignment shops than sometimes have very cool gear.

I am more familiar with the Orange County shops (30-45 minutes from Downtown LA).

I frequent the following shops:

Gear Trader in Huntington Beach

ProMusic Exchange in City of Orange and Laguna Niguel

Guitar Center in El Toro and Fountain Valley

Laguna Hills Music in Laguna Hills

Jim's Music in Irvine

Also, consider a trip to Buffalo Brothers in Carlsbad in San Diego County (90 minutes from LA).

Have a look at this link:

http://www.laokay.com/MusicalInstruments.htm

• Members

Not to mention all the gutiar shops on Sunset (I believe) in Hollywood. There's a Guitar Center and Sam Ash right across from one another (If there's any hope for the Israel/Palestine situation, take heart in the fact that they're not bombing one another). Then there's a Mesa/Boogie distributor right down the street, another couple of smaller guitar shops in the immediate vicinity (within a block). About a mile down, there's another bigger Sam Ash I actually rather like a lot. To get to them, either take the 101 to Sunset and head west, or go north on some major street downtown and take a left onto Sunset (heading west). Can't really miss the GC/Sam Ash. :)

//S

• Members

Definitely check out Sunset Blvd, you'll be in heaven. I also took my first visit to TrueTone music in Santa Monica. That is kind of far from the convention center and they aren't that big but they have a lot of nice, high-end stuff for being such a small shop.

• Members

If you are looking for high-end boutique stuff, check out Tone Merchants in Orange and Wild West Guitars in Riverside. I've been to both places (and bought my last guitar from Wild West) and both places are top-notch. In fact, just look at the pics of the Voodoo Lounge on the Wild West site - that alone is worth the drive from L.A. McCabe's in Santa Monica is also a cool music store.

www.tonemerchants.com

www.wildwestguitars.com

www.mccabes.com

Archived