Batotman could use your help?

mad axe man

• Members

Hows it going bro?

listen after reading numerous comments you have made in regards to the AL 2500 vs the 3000 i have decided to send back my black AL 2500 to kurt and add up the Xtra cash and get this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=2384&item=7318952762&rd=1

what i wanted to ask you is is the 3000 at lleast 3X as good as the 2500 you owned overall? and is it much better than the epi LP custom?

thanks

• Members

I think its leaps and bounds better than the 2500. I couldn't say in terms of 2x or 3x or anything like that though. Would I pay the money to get the 3000 over the 2500....hell yes. Was I just on the Rondo site hoping for a new color in the 3000 series....yep.

http://www.rondomusic.net/alspec.html

By that chart you can see the uprades, namely an ebony board with {censored}in a you can't get an Epi LP custom with an ebony board! But is it better....thats really up to personal preference but it sure is alot less expensive!

But also by the chart it would appear they are simply the same guitar with upgrades. I don't believe that to be true in the least. The 3000 is a whole different animal. Great frets, reasonably low action, fun to play. The 3000 bridge pickup sounds good but the neck isn't my favorite, but I'm used to SD 59's in the neck. My only complaint is its a little heavy but hey so are Gibsons, right?

I honestly think you can't go wrong. If it sucks, send it back! :) All guitars are different but if mine is representative of the 3000 series (and I think it probably is) then I say hit it!

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

I think its leaps and bounds better than the 2500. I couldn't say in terms of 2x or 3x or anything like that though. Would I pay the money to get the 3000 over the 2500....hell yes. Was I just on the Rondo site hoping for a new color in the 3000 series....yep.

http://www.rondomusic.net/alspec.html

By that chart you can see the uprades, namely an ebony board with ------ a you can't get an Epi LP custom with an ebondy board!

But also by the chart it would appear they are simply the same guitar with upgrades. I don't believe that to be true in the least. The 3000 is a whole different animal. Great frets, reasonably low action, fun to play. The 3000 bridge pickup sounds good but the neck isn't my favorite, but I'm used to SD 59's in the neck. My only complaint is its a little heavy but hey so are Gibsons, right?

I honestly think you can't go wrong. If it sucks, send it back!
:)
All guitars are different but if mine is representative of the 3000 series (and I think it probably is) then I say hit it!

thanks bro i am CONVINCED!:cool:

I am shipping the 2500 back today! i will let you know when i get the 3000 prestige and i am sure i will be glad i did the return. the 2500 is real good for the cost but i miss the ebony board, and i like the triple binding around the body,head.

as for the chrome hardware well no biggie.

I will do a A/B test between it and my gibby LP custom for the hell of it:D

• Members

Those 'Black" 3000 Prestige models are very nice indeed....

While snooping around I also noticed these "Translucent Black Quilt" Tokai Love Rock's..

Quite a bit more expensive than the Agile 3000, but they sure look great...

Hey Bat-O-Man, I know you have purchase one of the Love Rocks.. I believe these come with the 1.68" nut width, but do you know the neck radius?? How would you compare the neck between the 3000 and the Love Rock?

Thanks..

blackquilt.jpg

• Members

Imagine that....a black guitar...:rolleyes:

:D

Well I'm no expert (obviously) but the Tokai seems to have a thinner neck. I was told it was based on the 59' neck, not too thick and not too thin. Very comfortable to me.

The Agile 3000 has a slightly thicker neck but does not seem uncomfortable in the least. I really like it as well.

After a week or so of noodling on the 3000 i think its pretty damn close to the Tokai and in some regards better. The Tokai is a rock hard maple neck (or I was told) and is a bit lighter weight. Also the Tokai is the "correct" shape but honestly I don't notice the 3000 being not the correct shape. Headstock really does look great and the horn is not noticeable in the least, at least not to me. I think the more I play the Agile the more I like it. I paid $490 for my dead mint and nearly brand spankin new Tokai, shipped w/case and SD 59's. Smokin deal but not typical.

If I was talking to someone who wanted the correct shape, lightweight, thinner neck, and didn't mind paying more for those features I'd go with the Tokai. Its excellent.

If i was talking to someone who wanted an LP style guitar at great price I'd say the Agile 3000......yeah something I didn't expect nor thought I'd ever say....:D

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

Imagine that....a black guitar...
:rolleyes:

:D

Yeah, yeah, yeah... :mad::p

Price difference is close to $180, but it sounds like the quality is about the same for the 3000 and the Love Rock...

Thanks for the information....

Archived