Question about fret buzz...

MKSkud

• Members

Hi everyone. I've had my Austin Strat Copy for about a 2 weeks now and I've been playing it a lot every day. When I first got it, it was setup beautifully, no buzz, perfect tunning, etc... After 2 weeks of heavy playing, it's still in perfect tune, but I find that on the lower to middle frets, especially on strings 6, 5, 4, I'm getting fret buzz...

Is is possible just the action that needs to be adjusted, or does the truss rod need messing around with?? Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by MKSkud

Hi everyone. I've had my Austin Strat Copy for about a 2 weeks now and I've been playing it a lot every day. When I first got it, it was setup beautifully, no buzz, perfect tunning, etc... After 2 weeks of heavy playing, it's still in perfect tune, but I find that on the lower to middle frets, especially on strings 6, 5, 4, I'm getting fret buzz...

Is is possible just the action that needs to be adjusted, or does the truss rod need messing around with?? Thanks!

I'm assuming you have a vintage strat type bridge, with 6 individual saddles? It may be your saddle screws loosen after some time and the strings go down. A setup may help if this is the problem.

I have no idea where you are but it may also be the changing of season/humidity/heat change that affects the wood of your neck and a truss rod adjust will help in this case.

As i always mention, it is difficult to say without holding the actual guitar.

Some frets may be comming loose? You may want to check that the frets are properly seated.

• Members

It is normal that a newly bought guitar require a setup after a few weeks of playing. If you are not familiar with the steps and operations involved in a setup you should take it to guitar tech usually between 20 and 30$ including new strings and you will have it setup by a professionnal.

there are plenty of sites where you can get information on how to set it up by yourself... Feel free to try. Be aware that most adjustments may lead to major problems when not applied properly...

Archived