Problems with my local guitar shop

Sparky6string

• Members

So I go into my local shop and look around for a while since it's been a couple of months since I've been there. I find around 5 items I'm interested in so I ask about them. One by one he says to me "Oh, I don't think I'm gonna sell that" or "Oh, those aren't for sale" etc. I'm thinking to myself 'is this a store or your personal collection on display'.

I'm really turned off by this and I'm not sure that I'll be going back again. Anyone else have this experience?

• Members
Originally posted by Shocker

So what did Ed do after that?
;)

//S

Now that you mention it, it kinda seemed like that. This is just a little shop though, and the owner runs the place and is the only employee. We've been friends for a few years and have enjoyed a good relationship, but I'm sick of this kind of garbage.

Sorry for the rant.

• Members

Originally posted by GPLAYER

If you're that close...have you mentioned your ire to him?

I did; I said, "Why do you have all this gear out with the stuff for sale but you don't want to sell it?"

His answer? "Because I'm an asshole", apparently joking with a big {censored}-eating grin on his face. His joke wasn't too far from the truth though.

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

Maybe he was looking for you to make an offer?

//S

Maybe. I was thinking it might have been his way of trying to get more for the items than they would have gone for otherwise. Either way, homey don't play dat.

• Members
Originally posted by BowerR64

ask him if thats the same stuff on e-bay.

??? You mean ask him if he's selling them on ebay?

Another possibility is he really doesn't want to sell them but doesn't want his wife to know that he's keeping that much stuff.:p

Archived