spraypaint over a guitars original colour?..without sanding?

raggydoll

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

You can totally hear the difference in sound between a red guitar and a white one! The red one sounds more agressive, whereas the white is somewhat belligerent. Moreover, the red makes it more aerodynamic, which helps with the strings' wind resistance. That's why I put speed holes (9 mm) in all of my white guitars.

//S

I have heard that Dimebag's tone was due mainly to the painted lightning bolts. ELECTRIFYING!!!!!!! If you like solid state horse{censored} for a tone.........

• Members

Originally posted by Fallen Angel

Some of you gave him very good advice only I don't think the snotnose is going to follow it. I think he just wants to push a button on a can and end up with a custom painted guitar by magic.

After all he did say "i don't wanna be sanding and stuff". I'd guess by "stuff" he means taking off the strings and other small details like that. You know... stuff!

Do you still have that magic guitar finish cheat code i gave ya? i think i want to use it now.

• 15 years later...
  • Members

doesnt matter how it looks, if you like it its right... I had a tele and heat treated all the plastic cover off... then just painted with painters paint from a cheap artist store..paint was about 3 euros... painted with a brush.. one coat.. not smooth but dont care, it looks fine to me.. who is gonna inspect your guitar up close anyway, who do you want to impress.. 

Archived