Dimarzio X2N: serial or parallel?

Sekator

• Members

I will be installing a Dimarzio X2N in my ESP baritone this week and unfortunately I have to hard-wire it to one particular configuration (serial or parallel), due to lack of extra switches on the axe.

Could someone explain in layman's terms what the difference in tone or saturation or sustain one wiring has vs the other?

thanks in advance

• Members

I have a X2N wired in for series/parallel and tapped for SC. It's all done with push/pull volume and tone pots. The X2N is much milder in parallel and gives better cleans and a more hollow sound in OD. But if you bought a X2N, then you must want a hot PU sound. Wired in series, the PU is very driving and pretty balanced tone wise. Given one choice, I'd go series. That's letting it do what it does best. You'll get much thicker tone and saturation of sound. As far as sustain goes, the signal will be hotter so there is mor percieved sustain in series as well.

• Members

Hey,

The guitar I just got has a single pickup (X2N). I too have no switches sand such. What wires do I replace to do parallel? I might try it also. This pickup is so hot half might be enough/LOL. Thanks-

Archived