OT: ebay feedback necessary?

bullpencoach

• Members

Just wondering if it's worth trying to sell gear on ebay if I have only a few items of feedback on my account (none for selling). I know some buyers will not bid on items from sellers with minimal feedback, which I can understand. I don't want to waste time and money if I am likely to generate minimal interest,. Thanks!

• Members

Everybody starts the same way. Zero point nada.
I am hesitant to bid on something expensive from someone who just started OR just joined.
Some folks sell a lot of smaller items first to build up their numbers before they jump in with a large ticket item.
But in the end you take a chance. Put it out there. Maintain excellent communications.

• Members

If you're just starting out, you can do the eBay "ID verify" thing and get that stamp of approval. From the description on the site, it seems like they just run a credit report to verify your name and address. That would go a long toward easing any apprehension about your newbie status.

Personally, I don't like subjecting myself to these kinds of checks, but some people don't mind.

Also, if you have several big-ticket items, don't put them all up for sale at once. Put one or two up and wait for positive feedback on those before listing more.

• Members

I'll risk up to a couple hundred dollars on someone with little feedback, even if it is only for buying. I'm always skeptical of new members with no feedback selling big ticket items. You could list your item with a reserve. If it sells great. If not you just pay the insertion fee which I don't think is that much.

• Members

Originally posted by Big Boss Man

I'll risk up to a couple hundred dollars on someone with little feedback, even if it is only for buying. I'm always skeptical of new members with no feedback selling big ticket items. You could list your item with a reserve. If it sells great. If not you just pay the insertion fee which I don't think is that much.

exactly

Archived