GAS for a Schecter...need help

numbthumb

• Members

I've been pretty well lately, content to rest my wallet until I can try a Parker Nitelfly-M and a Reverend Wolfman.

A while back, there was a minor blip on the GAS radar with the Schecter Bomber Girl, Flying Tiger and Midway. I got over it but I should have realized then that the Schecter design people had my number.

I recently stumbled into 2 new trouble spots with Schecter: the Ultra III and the Hellcat VI. I haven't tried these but until I saw them I didn't realize I had these vacancies in my guitar harem.

So, Ultra III and Hellcat VI owners:

please share anecdotes of dissapointment, heartbreak and neglect.

Thanks.

• Members

Hey numb, I spent a lot of time this weekend looking at the Schecter lineup. Like you, I'm thinking the Ultra III is too nice to pass up. Over the next week or so I'm going to try to find one locally to play. Think they were just released recently so I don't know if they are in the local shops yet. Will let you know if I find one.

On the other hand, you could just buy one and tell us all how it is :)

And here's a nice big hi-res image of the Ultra III:

ultra_iii.jpg

• Members

i just picked up a 2004 Schecter Ultra brand new on Ebay for $299 and it is hands down the best guitar i have. It's replacing my fully upgraded Agile LP copy and even my Schecter S1 Devil Deluxe. I highly recommend getting one, they are inexpensive if you get last year's model.

Sorry.

Chris

• Members

So, I buy the Ultra III.

Then I become one of the disconsolate souls on GJ bitching that my wife left me, perhaps because I bought 4 guitars over the permitted limited. I haven't exactly been honest with her...uh...yet.

Then, I'll have to start cooking again and maybe people at the office start bitching that I should wash my clothes more frequently.

Or maybe she doesn't leave me but just stops the cooking and laundry. I don't know how bad it could get.

She usually plumbs the depths of cruelty whenever my (apparent) halo of virtue dims.:(

The happy alternative is that you, sir, investigate the item and report poor tone, lifting frets, scratchy pots and a shape that digs into the ribs.:)

Perhaps all those illiterate Ultra III and Hellcat IV

owners (the sexuality of whom is now being questioned by people at my end) would drop their guitars long enough to take pen in hand.

• Members

>>Then I become one of the disconsolate souls on

GJ bitching that my wife left me...

Well, my wife would probably kick me out if I bought one right now. Like you, I am on probation after a big gear spree.

The happy alternative is that you, sir, investigate

the item and report poor tone, lifting frets,

scratchy pots and a shape that digs into the ribs

If I can find one locally, I probably will. I'll let you know. Regarding build quality, it is secondary if the guitar has enough mojo.

the sexuality of whom is now being questioned by people at my end

I think I can speak for most of the people on this forum when I say that no one here is averse to making sweet love to a donkey.

Archived