fender tele plus

teardrop

• Members

anyone out there play one of these? the one with blue and red lace sensors... how does it sound clean? it seems like the reviews are pretty mixed for these... i wouldnt mind getting one and switching the red laces for silver ones... anyone have any thoughts?

i have no intention in sounding like radiohead btw...!

• Members

Originally posted by playdabluze

This used to have the Lace Sensors in it (2 reds/bridge, 1 blue neck). Didn't care for the tone at all. So it turned into this...

Sweet fancy Moses! That is awesome. I need to figure out that rig. Did you have to route it for the humbucker?

• Members

Originally posted by dan-o-guitar

Sweet fancy Moses! That is awesome. I need to figure out that rig. Did you have to route it for the humbucker?

Thanks!

No. The rout that was already in it was big enough for a HB. And there was a separate "swimming pool" rout big enough for the two single coils. So, no routing needed.

• Members

This used to have the Lace Sensors in it (2 reds/bridge, 1 blue neck). Didn't care for the tone at all. So it turned into this...

4e241416.jpg

I like that crazily.....please send it to me at once!:D

Seriously....:cool:

• Members

Hi. I absolutely love my Tele Plus. Just finished my practice routine with it and it is as close to being a keeper as any guitar I have had. I have only had it for over a month but it has made my Standard USA Tele expendable. The cleans are dead quiet and sound very chimey and bell like; very similar to my EMG equipped

Strat clone. Not much noise either when you add dist./od. I don't know about the silvers but these reds sound good to me:) .

Very versatile with 7 pup options but what really impresses me most is the distinct tonal differences between pup selections. Even between the front red and the rear red. Hope this helps...

Thanx,

Jim

• Members

Originally posted by vmann

Hi. I absolutely love my Tele Plus. Just finished my practice routine with it and it is as close to being a keeper as any guitar I have had. I have only had it for over a month but it has made my Standard USA Tele expendable. The cleans are dead quiet and sound very chimey and bell like; very similar to my EMG equipped

Strat clone. Not much noise either when you add dist./od. I don't know about the silvers but these reds sound good to me:) .

Very versatile with 7 pup options but what really impresses me most is the distinct tonal differences between pup selections. Even between the front red and the rear red. Hope this helps...

Thanx,

Jim

what amp do you run with it?

• Members

Originally posted by vmann

I run the Tele straight through a Tech21 TM60 and through a Jekyll and Hyde into a SF Twin Reverb. Excellent results through both amps.

Thanx,

Jim

wow i run a tm60 as well...been thinking of getting a power engine60 for it as well... i hear the lace sensors are picky about what amps they get run through... how does the guitar sound with the tm60? how's the tone at loud volumes?

• Members

I have also been thinking of getting a Power Engine. Would be great to have the flexibility of running my TM60 in stereo or running a different preamp through the PE. Might even look at another TM60. Those PE's are tough to come by in Canada. But right now I am trying to raise some funds for a Pearce G2r combo

which would be just as good and more versatile.

Again, I just finished another practice routine with the Plus and the TM60; simply a beautiful match IMO. As always with the TM60, there is the challenge of the shared EQ controls and taming the pronounced treble on the clean channel but with the Plus that problem is lessened. The Lace Sensors sound pretty good through both the TM60 and my SF Twin Reverb. Those are the only amps I have tried with the Laces.

I haven't cranked my amp up too loud or used it in band situations yet but from the few times I have turned it up, I have no doubt that the tone quality remains consistently good.

Thanks

Jim

• Members

Originally posted by reaper

what do lace sensors sound like?

they sound kinda different, they dont have that vintage fender tone, but more of a compressed clean sound that goes really well with fx pedals or a lot of processing, clean they sound alright too.... but im thinking of replacing the pots in a tele plus with 500k's, i hear that really improves the tone of the laces.

• Members

playdabluze did you have to route out the body for that middle pickup? I just bought a Squier tele that I haven't gotten yet (in layaway) and I was curious how they are routed. That is exactly what I want to do to mine H/S/S

• Members

Originally posted by VanR

playdabluze did you have to route out the body for that middle pickup? I just bought a Squier tele that I haven't gotten yet (in layaway) and I was curious how they are routed. That is exactly what I want to do to mine H/S/S

I didn't have to rout anything on the Tele Plus. It came that way from the factory. However, I too have a Squire Tele that I've also swapped the pickups on, and that's the standard S/S routing. If you want a H/S/S in your Squire, you'll have to do some serious routing, or have someone do it for you.

• Members

I didn't have to rout anything on the Tele Plus. It came that way from the factory. However, I too have a Squire Tele that I've also swapped the pickups on, and that's the standard S/S routing. If you want a H/S/S in your Squire, you'll have to do some serious routing, or have someone do it for you.

Yeah, I guess I will just put a Hot Rails Tele pickup in the bridge. I've just got a bunch of HB's and Strat single coils already laying around here, I was hoping to use them. Anyone used that GFS Hot Li'l Puncher for tele yet?

Archived