emg question

emir44caliber

• Members

i recently got emgs installed in my schecter c1 plus. I got an 85 in the bridge and a 60 in the neck. the problem that i am having is that the pickups feedback a lot as soon as i stop playing. putting my fingers over the strings does not stop the feedback. i was just wondering if this is normal b/c it didn't happen with the stock pickups or with my other guitar.

• Members

i've tried using 3 amps (peavey rage 158, randall rm100, peavey classic 50) and the same thing happened with all of them. I tried using different cables (all of them 20 footers) and the same thing happened. This only happens with the distortion channels, and its only feedback not humming noise.

• Members

Originally posted by emir44caliber

the thing is i don't really know about pickup wiring and stuff like that, which is why i got them installed at songbird music store.

Check the battery first with a know good one.

I would take it back to them...demonstrate it and request they correct the wiring.

• Members

i think i fixed the problem, i changed the battery and i played my rm100 (ultra module) while standing 10 feet away and the feedback stopped (or at least when i put my fingers over the strings which is the same for my other guitar). thanks for the help guys, at least this saves me a trip to the music store.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived