g&l guitars advertised on ebay

musicofthemind9

• Members

Originally posted by musicofthemind9

i see g&l legacys advertised on ebay for 400-600$ when i have seen them on other sites advertising them for way more, like 1,000$ or more. Why is that? do you think there is something wrong with those guitars? manufacturing errors or bad apples?

If they are NEW, then they must be "Tribute" series Legacy's, G&L's import line.

It is not impossible to find US-made Legacy's and ASAT's for around $500...USED.

• Members

whats the difference between the two?

The US-made ones have better fit, finish, workmanship, (probably) better wood, better playability, feel, mojo. IMHO.

Both have US-made G&L pickups.

Used G&L's can be great buys.

• Members

whats the difference between the two?

As I understand it, the hardware is the same. The imports are made by machine, the USAs until very recently were entirely hand made. They're still mainly hand made. The USAs also have more options such as locking tuners, better finishes, birseye necks, etc. that aren't available on the imports.

• Members

Originally posted by bullpencoach

I've noted that a lot of retailers advertise using G&L as the make and Tribute as the series, so its hard to search separately on eBay.

G&L -Tribute, will exclude any auctions with the word tribute in them.

Check GBase too, they have lots of G&Ls listed.

• Members

The hardware(bridges) on the Tributes, while identical in design to the US stuff, is not US made. Only the pickups for them are made here. The ASAT bridges seem fine, but the trems do not feel the same as the US version-not as smooth in operation, and the bar seemed to be bent differently. Still fine guitars for the dough, but used US models are often a crazy deal for what you get.

• Members

I got a dead mint US made G&L Legacy on eBay for $450 - with a Fender Frontman 25R amp!

Used G&Ls are great deals. The Tributes good guitars, but if you're willing to go used, the US models are some of the best deals around.

• Members

Originally posted by bdegrande

I got a dead mint US made G&L Legacy on eBay for $450 - with a Fender Frontman 25R amp!

Used G&Ls are great deals. The Tributes good guitars, but if you're willing to go used, the US models are some of the best deals around.

Yep! :cool:

Now EVERYBODY SHUT UP ABOUT THIS before all our loose talk makes the prices skyrocket! :mad:

:p

Archived