how hard would this be?

FWAxeIbanez

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

How hard would it be to mod my Ibanez S with a pull pot that would turn my neck pup on? I want full use of the 5 way switch, I would just like to be able to turn my tapped neck pup on from any setting with it...

Do you want to split it and connect it to the output at the same time? Or do you have another pot/switch for doing the split?

Either way, it would be easy do both with one push pull. Wire the left half like the above schematic (assuming red is split and white is both coils - reverse if the color code doesn't match). Connect the center (out) from the left side to the center for the right side and to the neck position on the 5 way switch. Then connect the top terminal on the right side to the output jack.

When down the the neck pickup will be a humbucker. When up it will be split and always connected.

• Members

Originally posted by FWAxeIbanez

what would happen if I had it set to the neck pickup tho? say I wanted only the tapped neck on, would setting the 5 way all the way up engage the second coil? probably not huh, cuz if its tapped its tapped right?

Yep. Wired the way I described, it will do exactly what you want (neck only tapped when in 5way neck position)

Archived