Not all 18volt AC DC adaptors are the same...

jyd59

• Members

Just got a new 18v adaptor for my Crybaby 535Q wah, my wife got too close with the vacumn cleaner and broke the jack on the last one. The old one, made by Danelectro, caused an audible HUM when I engaged the wah. The new one, made by Dunlop, is completely quiet and now all I get is the wah, which also sounds fuller with no background hum. I guess there is something to be said about buying accessories from one company to match all their impedances.

• Members
Originally posted by Europa760

i think your american made vacuum imparted some mojo to the pedal.

oh pardon, MIA.

Chuckle ;)

What was really funny was how she told me about it. She knew it was broken right away, probably from having to unwind it from the Electrolux motorized brush, and she called our local Guitar Center to order me a new one. When she knew she could get it replaced she then came over and said to me "I've got good news and bad news. The good news is, it's fixable." :eek:

• Members
Originally posted by Cackalacky

Hey... you might get lucky and she'll break some more of your gear.
:D

I haven't told you about the time she ripped out the guitar input jack on an old amp of mine by tripping on the jack cable, which was still plugged into the amp at the time. I didn't see that amp for 2 months while it was at the shop. Come to think of it, she told me 'it was fixable'....before she told me what she'd broken :D

Archived