ampeg supejet reissue and attenuator?

JcKerr

• Members

hey, i've got a ampeg superjet reissue no distortion. i love the sound the amp makes at 10, but i live in an apt. i play a tokai love rock into it with a boss ds1 in front. should i get an attenuator, or another stomp box to put in front. and how much does an attenuator run? same for a diff stomp?

• Members

Yeah there is one on ebay now and i was reading the auction, that sounds like a better unit, just because it has some other settings to change the sound a little. It sounds a little more flexable then the marshall.

Stupid that it turns the power it soaks in into usless heat. I mean the amp puts out enough heat why do you want more? to bad it couldnt be put to some use like a spectrum analyzer or a fan or somthing that actualy does somthing. Probobly just a box full of big sand block resistors.

How many watts is your amp?

• Members

I wouldn't use an attenuator with that amp. RI ampegs are made by Crate and are not designed to run on 10 for extended periods. They really do sound nice though until the chassis rattles become so loud that you are forced to sell the amp at a big loss. Do I sound too bitter and pissed off at Crate crap?

Archived