Question for those familiar with SoundExchange?

• Members

I'm a little confused about SoundExchange.

If I am a performer, label owner, and sole copyright owner of songs in an album performed under a Group's name .. which form applies to me?

It seems that the form that applies to a group member give space to fill out the full album's worth of songs, but not for the individual songs within it. For example, if I wrote 100% of one song, and 50% of another song on said album, I want to be able to distinguish that.

I know it probably won't get to the point where this stuff matters to me, but it's the digital age and I want to fill out the form nonetheless, for whatever it's worth.

I just need to know what the right form is. 'featured performer' or 'srco' or something else?

Thoughts?

• Members

As far as my understanding of SoundExchange goes, they're simply serving the purpose of PROs but for digitally transmissions such as radio, etc. As such, you would have to fill out the form as the owner of the sound recording, and as you say you're the performer and owner of the copyright, then you should fill out that form that has that option.

Archived