Saw a Peavey Hydra doubleneck and a Peavey Falcon Custom at the pawn shop

ghastlyone

• Members

The hydra is a doubleneck 12/6 guitar and damn its pretty sweet. The quality of construction is very good. I didn't have time to play it through an amp but acoustically it sounded very nice. It isn't worth the $600 they are asking because it's obviously refinished not very well and the logo/pinstripes are taked off the headstock (but the serials/made in the usa stuff on back is intact) One really nice one sold on ebay for that price. Ebay Hydra and "the actual color for the pearl white hydra was formulated from the same paint that ferrari used on the model year of 1986" How can a bad black refinish beat that????

b1_1_b.JPG

Next the US made Peavey Falcon Custom, This guitar is a verrry nice strat copy. Trans purple-ish finish, gold hardware, schaller locking tuners, no pickguard w/ carved in knobs, abalone dots, standard two post trem. $199. The pic below seems like the same model except for the color. Me thinks I better go buy it today.

DSCF3604.jpg

• Members

If I were looking for a doubleneck, I'd look there. Gibbies are too expensive and even if they weren't (Epis) those guitars are just so associated with Page it's almost a cliche and you'd have to bust out Stairway whenever you played it "out" somewhere.

Archived