My new 7 stringer is HERE (dialup NO! BAD MONKEY!)

KovachianOne

• Members

Damn was that a long wait! 2 months later my baby has moved into it's new home. Finally delivered today and I'm stoked as can be. Here's a quick breakdown of the options:

Maple neck w/tung oil

Mahogany wings also w/tung oil

Dunlop 6100

2 coil splitters

phase switch

rosewood fingerboard

MOP blocks

engraved truss cover (cheesy, I know)

I'm obviously still in the honeymoon phase but I have a hard time putting this thing down. This bad boy looks, feels and plays like an absolute dream. The craftsmanship and attention to detail is staggering. Low low action, buttery smooth neck, sustain for eternity, and it screams and wails like nothing I've played before. I could go on forever on this but I'll let it 'break in' before I feel I'm qualified to give a thorough review. After only 2 hours it's clear that this thing bitchsmacks my Fender, there's absolutely NO comparison whatsoever. It blows it away in every concievable category. For now I'll let the pics do the rest of the talking.

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00680.jpg

DSC00679.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00683.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

• Members

Since Carvin only makes 25.5" scale guitars can you let me know how do you find the tension of the low B?

I always found it floppy on 25.5" scale guitars and that's why I switched to baritones, but maybe you've had better luck...what gauge strings are you using?

• Members

The pickups are C26-T and C26-N humbuckers, and a C13 single coil, all with ceramic magnets. They're stock obviously, and they're the only pickups Carvin currently offers for the DC 747. They're very strong with lower mids, and don't exhibit as much bass as say some DiMarzio PAFs and Seymours but that's exactly what I like about them. They're still very full with a light treble response. No hum either, that's a nice change from every other guitar I've owned. I'd say these are medium high output, they've got the bite of high outputs but they clean up and mellow out pretty nicely when you roll back the volume. I'm surprised so many people bitch about the pickups, I think they whoop ass.

Archived