paisley tele

JcKerr

• Members

I was thinking about making a paisley tele for my fiance she's a brad paisley fan and i was thinking about making one of those saga kits.... and she's like i want a guitar but i want one that's pink and pretty so she can learn.

all i can find are paisley pickguards... i was thinking if I got some paisley fabric and kinda pasted it on top and did a sunburst type deal around the edges with some matching paint it may look pretty cool.. opinions?

I've never built a guitar before either, but those saga kits look really simple, and i'm very mechanically inclined so I don't think it will be a problem... i'm just not sure the easiest way to get a pink paisley thing going on like the old tele's

• Members

I'd like to know how this project goes too...A year or so ago I was going to make a pink paisley tele for an Elvis show....plan was to take an Agile tele and decoupage the paisley design onto it. There's a Ralph Lauren paisley pattern that's somewhat similar (though not identical to) the pattern Fender used; figured I'd make a color Xerox copy of the material & stick it on & spray-paint the rest. Agile sent me the wrong guitar so I hit the brakes right there and that was all she wrote.

Archived