new GAS - Ibanez prestige

camelot

• Members

Saw this beauty on ebay and had to have it :) Its an Ibanez S2540, 1998, sapele mahogany body, wizard neck, rosewood fingerboard, edge pro trem, QM pickups, abalone stars and moons inlays (unique to this model) and satin gold hardware. Was only made for 2 years (98 and 99) and listed for $2k back then - im guessing street price was around $1500. I paid $700 for it, im happy with that. It sounds great, the bridge pup is quite hot and it has an overall warm feel to it, the guitar can do cleans to nu metal chords and everything in between :)

pres1.jpg

pres2.jpg

pres3.jpg

pres4.jpg

pres5.jpg

• Members

Very cool.I'm on an Ibanez kick right now,just picked up 2 of em(see sig)......THe PGM30 is a 2003 and from what I understand the 2003's were upgraded to a prestige (sure sounds, plays and feels like it!).....Anyways that is a sweet axe,.......Believe it or not I'm actually gassin' for a prestige RG,and ive only had these for a few weeks! Thats how much I like em'......Great Deal,and good luck!,If your experience is like mine you wont be able to put it down........

• Members

Is the PGM30 the blue one? Maybe im thinking of the anniversary one... PGMs are sweet, ive always wanted one of those :) I love the feel of the wizard necks, the S body is a bit different than my ESP, and its lighter too, the body is a lot thinner than you realise in photos. Im starting to get GAS for a JEM too, where does it end??? :o:D

Archived