how mjuch for a new TOKAI SG? and where can I get one

FearMeWithMyLP

• Members

I tried that Ishabashi site, and I see the Tokai SG listed in the japanese site, but when I look at the english version of that site, I can't find it. What the hell?

Besides that site, is there another place I can buy that SG (particularly the Japanese version?) And how much are they selling for?

.... or does someone want to sell me theirs (In red :) :) )

• Members

They usually have a couple on ebay, katana guitars or something is a good seller. The edwards (mij by esp) usually have excellent craftmenship and have top quality parts like Seymour Duncan pickups. Some of them even have nitro finishes. Either way they are worth checking out. You can also do a google search for them fo ishibashi, they are a dealer in japan and usually have edwards in stock.

• Members

Oh I should have asked ...

http://www.jsdguitarshack.com/tokai_sg_cherry.html

this guitar from cylon's link (thanks again man :) ) says that this MIK version is made of mahogony, whereas I've read a lot from this site saying that the MIK versions were made of alder. Did this change recently? It is confusing me a little..... also, has anyone any experience with the Tokai SG's? I'm so jittery that I'm about to buy from that site, but logic is keeping me from jumping the gun (we've all been there :D )

• Members

I've bought(Edwards) from Katana guitars in Japan and their quality is on par with Tokai. All of the guitars come stock with Seymour Duncan pups. The guitar arrived from Japan to Louisiana in five days and was excellently packaged and only required minor set-up adjustments. I believe the seller who has the three pup SG Custom clone Edwards is another dealer, but he has a very good reputation as well. Edwards is ESP's MIJ traditional guitar series. It is not a lower end brand like LTD. Finding a MIJ Tokai SG will require a bit of work, b/c the sellers on ebay really only have a high demand for the MIK SG's and MIJ LoveRock's. I'd seriously consider the Edwards. It's white, gold hardware, and has three pups that are all Seymour Duncans.

Archived