EKO "Brandoni" Violin Shaped 12 String Guitar. Help Needed.

Frankyz

• Members

I went down to my local music shop today, and the owner had just recieved one of the most beautiful guitar i have ever seen.

It is a 12 string Violin Shaped EKO Brandoni Custom. It is all natural wood, hollow bodied, but no F holes, or other such holes. It has 3 single pickups, and 1 volume, and 1 tone knob. The selector switch is where you would find it on a Les Paul, but it is a Strat style selector switch. The Neck is a bolt on, and the headstock is of the clasical guitar style. I have been offered it at a good price, but i need to know more about the make. Mike says it`s from around 1967, but Brandoni Customs were only started in 1987, BUT, the work and build on these guitars were done around 1964 by EKO, and Brandoni bought the stock when EKO went down in 1987.

So what i am trying to find out, is more info, and what the true value is on todays market.

I might hasten to add that it is the most wonderful sounding 12 string electric i have ever played, and it is a real beaut to play, with a wonderful neck. I don`t have a 12 string at the moment, having sold my other 2, i was thinking of buying a Fender 12 string strat, and have been trawling ebay to find one. But this guitar is something i really like, both in looks, sound and playablity. But although the price is good, i need to know if the shop owner can be knocked down a bit, as he can be bartered with.

Any help would be welcome. :)

• Members

The Brandoni guitars aren't real Ekos. Brandoni is a parts retailer in Wimbledon (or Wembly, I forget which) who bought up Eko stock when the factories closed down and builds the 'custom' guitars. A lot of the parts they sell are budget range, so I would check out the guitar carefully as it may not be of the highest quality.

I think the website is www.brandoniguitars.co.uk, they may have some prices available.

• Members

Originally posted by Control_67

The Brandoni guitars aren't real Ekos. Brandoni is a parts retailer in Wimbledon (or Wembly, I forget which) who bought up Eko stock when the factories closed down and builds the 'custom' guitars. A lot of the parts they sell are budget range, so I would check out the guitar carefully as it may not be of the highest quality.

I think the website is
www.brandoniguitars.co.uk,
they may have some prices available.

+1

They were featured in Guitarist a while back, they'll build you anything from whatever they've got lying around. Excellent construction, but depends on the quality of the parts used. Definently worth exploring. I've got an original Eko acoustic, it's nothing special. My mates dad has two of their 12 strings as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Control_67

I think the website is
www.brandoniguitars.co.uk,
they may have some prices available.

EKO made some rather good guitars back in the 60s as well as complete trash. Anyways i have done my research and went to the shop and offered

Archived