BOSTON: FirstAct Custom GUITAR store.

YEMandy

• Members

I got the annual "guitar buyers guide" from whichever magazine puts it out, I think Guitar Player but can't remember.

Anyhow I was flipping through the pages searching for stuff I hadn't seen.

I came on First Act, which had retail prices of $2k-$3k.

First thing that hit my mind was crappy walmart guitars for $100. Totally confused here myself.

• Members

Originally posted by metallica_00

It's a pretty stupid marketing strategy to try to sell $100 Wal-Mart guitars and then custom shop pieces with no mid-range line. They could be good but I wouldn't be caught dead with one.

Originally posted by YEMandy

yeah, they have some really expensive ones, but they also have a lot of really nice looking reasonably priced guitars around $400. Its weird.

• Members

Originally posted by metallica_00

It's a pretty stupid marketing strategy to try to sell $100 Wal-Mart guitars and then custom shop pieces with no mid-range line. They could be good but I wouldn't be caught dead with one.

Exactly......nobody knows you for your custom work...then EVERYONE knows you for the garbage you make.

Some marketing scheme.

• Members
Originally posted by ranalli

Exactly......nobody knows you for your custom work...then EVERYONE knows you for the garbage you make.

Some marketing scheme.

But what company doesn't produce crap at their lowest level? Squier Bullet anyone? Epi Specials? Well, I guess it helps if you create a smaller company to market cheap stuff. First Act should market their higher end gear as Second Act or something. Something separating them from the Walmart crap. Maybe even Final Act. That wouldn't be too bad sounding actually.

Archived