Fender Lacks High-End guitars

godhacks

• Members

Fender have high end guitars, they just dont seem it.

When you pick up a high end FMT Gibson, you know its something special. Most, even high end, Fenders are pretty boring looking, aside the birdseye necks, so they just dont give that same 'ooh' factor.

They definatley make pro level great guitars though.

• Members
Originally posted by godhacks

Is it just me, or does Fender just seem to lack high-end guitar?

Don't get me wrong, I love strats, but no matter how much you dress it up, or how many signature models there are; it's still a $1000 guitar.

Whereas Gibson, has guitars in all sorts of price ranges, their higher end guitars being the Les Paul and others.

Thoughts?

Well they could put their prices up. A more expensive guitar does not mean a better guitar, just a higher price.:)

• Members
Originally posted by marloni

I think fender lacks variety in their strat models. most strats are practically the same to me. same maple neck, alder body, same neck radius etc. they all sound/play the same. i haven't seen a strat with a neck binding, for examplel. or an american strat with a basswood body. Or a strat with a fast neck, H-S-H pickup config, and other features that would rival a jackson or ibanez.

I think Fender Japan makes those for the Japanese market - but we never see those here. :(

Archived